Sunday, August 19, 2012

What the?!

I know. I can't believe it either. I'm posting again. I promise it's not the end of the world. Just had a lovely Crenshaw family reunion at Ocean Isle Beach, NC and feel compelled to show you some photos. Here they are.

I guess I'll start with the bad news. Lucy took a nosedive off the top bunk and landed eye socket first on the tile floor the first night we arrived. She got her first CT scan that night. She stayed overnight (with Travis) and was released the next afternoon. Diagnosis - closed skull fracture above her right eye and a stinkin huge black eye. It made her slightly more timid for the first few days, but she's doing great now.
See!
Travis with Alice and Penny.
Brother in law, Todd with his girls Lily and Claire. My sister Heather holding niece Abby's hand.
My brother John, his wife Amanda, and their daughter Abby.
My parents with their youngest 9 grandkids.
My sister Susy and her family, Todd, Lily, Claire, and baby (boy!) Oliver.
It's us! Holly, Penny (being held by) Me, Sophia, Travis (holding), Alice, and Lucy.
Lucy.
We had lots of fun things we did for the reunion and The Chabo's were in charge of a Road Rally/Scavenger Hunt. We decided to make it the 'Crensh-Olympic Games' and have people scavenge for items they would use in silly 'minute to win it' style Olympic competitions.
Sophia got a silver medal for her team in the 'Doodle Head' event.
We spent a day at Myrtle Beach at the Ripley's Aquarium and on the Boardwalk.
Holly with a very photogenic puffer fish.
Penny helping my niece Claire bury her feet.
Alice and Penny.
Lucy.
Todd with Lily and Oliver.
The evening we got there (pre-nosedive) we went out on the beach. Penny loved it!
Sophia.
My brother, John, and brother in law, Mark looking thoughtfully at the surf.
This was Holly's first time seeing the ocean since she was 1.
My Dad with Penny and Alice.
Alice. We LOVED it. Hated to leave. Wish we were still there...

2 comments:

melissa said...

How fun to see all of you lovely Crenshaws together! You all look great! Did I really count just one boy grandchild? Awesome!

Unknown said...

LOVE the Pictures. Beautiful. Love the crensh-olympics!! So fun!