Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm back!

Hello Everyone. I'm finally back with internet access. We've moved outside of Coshocton Ohio a few months ago. It was a gradual move, really. Travis started working at the hospital here July 1st. He stayed with a family in the local branch, the Binks. We moved up here with them in mid-August when we closed on our house in Greenville. Then we moved into our new house at the beginning of September. We didn't get tv or internet service till a few weeks later... so here we are! It's been CRAZY!! So many weird things happening that Travis and I have wondered a few times if we're really suppose to be here. But with prayer we feel that it's more that Satan is trying to convince us to NOT be here. So we're persevering. Coshocton is a small town of about 10,000. But there is a surprising amount of things to do. A large parks and rec system, library, movie theater, ....... walmart. But still, there are about 4 larger towns of about 100,000 within 30 minutes of us, and Columbus is only 1 1/2 hours away. So that's easy. There's an IKEA in Pittsburgh, PA which is only 2 hours away... so we're set, I think. Plus we're on the southern edge of Amish country and there's lots of neat shops and such there, and we're in the heart of Longaberger basket company. 15 minutes from the Longaberger homestead and 30 from the office headquarters (if you've ever seen a picture of a building shaped like a basket, that's it. It's amazing.) Several people in our church branch work for them. I don't have a picture of the building yet. I never remember to bring my camera with me when I'm driving out that way. But when I get one I'll put it on here. Our house is still a work in progress as far as painting and unpacking is concerned. One room we've already painted 3 times. I'm not so good at looking at that little square and knowing how it's going to work on the whole wall... so it's trial and error. We've gotten things mostly unpacked. The house is livable, anyway. Our goal is to get it done by the time the baby comes in early November. I think it's definatly possible. Probably. Ok, so now I'll put some pictures on here and I'll come back later.

5 comments:

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Hey, so when do you guys want to get together???? email me: angie.kelly@gmail.com

we're only an hour and a half away!!

Selfieprotection said...

I am glad to se that you are getting all settled in your house is so cute I love it! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

you have been tagged...see my blog for more details.....

I am dying to see you!!!!!!!

Amy Leininger said...

I'm so glad you are getting settled. We miss you in the ward, though! How's the pregnancy going? Hope you are well. Your house looks wonderful and so do the girls.

Unknown said...

Yeay! Welcome back Laura! I am jealous about the Ikea. When in the world are we going to get one?!?!